"Listening and responding to our residents is the most important part of an alderman's job. I have a passion for solving problems and would be honored to have your vote as alderman of the 13th District, the Garden District." - Scott Spiker
Your Alderman... Your Advocate
What makes Spiker special?
Ready to lead on day one. Scott knows what it takes to be an effective alderman. He’s spent the last four years building the relationships and gaining the know-how needed to make sure that your voice is heard downtown.
A fierce advocate for your interests. Scott just can’t take “no” for an answer. Looking back to the days of “Fighting Bob” Anderson, Scott has been called the “gold standard” for constituent services by a former department head. Your problem is his problem, and he won’t stop until it’s solved.
He’ll keep the Garden District growing. Neighbors and businesses are taking pride in what our area has to offer. No longer Bay View’s little brother, the Garden District has come into its own. But it takes hard work and a strategy moving forward to keep the Garden District growing. Scott has worked closely with the civic and business groups responsible for our progress thus far, and will press for them to have the tools and resources needed for our area to continue to blossom.
The touchstones of my candidacy:
- Taxes and debt. We need someone who’ll watch the city’s checkbook and make sure the bill isn’t put on the taxpayer’s credit card.
- Safe streets. We need more cops on the street, better communication about crime with area residents, and stronger partnerships between neighborhoods, businesses, and local police.
- Roads and lights. Investment downtown should never come at the cost of our neighborhoods! We need to repair our crumbling streets and deal with staff shortages that keep the lights out.
- Quality of life. We need to keep the Garden District growing by promoting events, neighborhood groups, and activities that make the area a great place to live and raise a family.
- City services. We need someone who will fight to make sure you are getting what you pay for: the timely and efficient delivery of quality city services.